MonsterboyGD - The core MonsterboyGD - The core

3 things.
1. This is labeled incorrectly. Dubstep doesn't come close to this. The original is labeled as 'Techno' and, well, you basically made a cover so....
2. The notes are spread out enough. Some notes are too close together.
3. As I said, this was basically a cover and not much was changed from what was there. The drums aren't as bad as you describe them in the description, and for once your song has a good quality instead of a phone recording.
2.5/5

Soul Snatcher Soul Snatcher

Dude, you're way better at dubstep than you are at electro. Sounds were amazing. I didn't really like those high pitched parts around 0:49, but that's just a "hearing-sensitivity" thing with me.

Lz MBX show Lz MBX show

Ever considered getting a DAW or finding a way to digitally record this? The audio quality is extremely poor when you're recording just a piano. The tune is catchy, but quality is a very important aspect to music.

EDM364's NGAPMD #14 EDM364's NGAPMD #14

I prefer these podcasts more than your news posts, parts of this were extremely hilarious (not the sad parts, of course).

On a side note, while Google Translate does exist for the users who do not speak English, GT is not a very reliable resource. After learning a bit about Spanish this year, there's a lot of conjugation that Google servers ignore (I'm only using Spanish as an example because most of the GD users on here are Spanish).

EDM364 responds:

Yeah, I will admit GT is terrible as a Spanish speaker myself, but it's rudimentary enough you can figure out what's on the page for more obscure languages like Belarusian that people in the US are not likely to speak.

Serum - ZobMusic [Dubstep] Serum - ZobMusic [Dubstep]

Alright, so the melody was great and all. The arps and supersaws sounded nice. Drums were nice, yeah. The only hang up I have though is that drop. If you're going to use Virtual Riot loops, especially from a sample pack a lot of people are familiar with, try and make them different. You used that same loop, over and over, without any variation. I've used VR samples, but I at least fuse them with other sounds. The title was misleading, overall. When I saw "Serum" I was expecting a sick track. Ripping a loop and inserting it into a track is kinda... noob-ish.

ZobMusic responds:

i was trying to find some serum presets and stumbled upon this, i honestly love virtual riot but ehh ill admit this took no creativity. I honestly thought i was downloading massive and serum presets. I have a better project otw

Super Heavy Bass Thing (0:12) Super Heavy Bass Thing (0:12)

The instruments didn't have any shape or form of rhythm at all. Not to mention much isn't being presented here in the first place.

AnthonyRiley responds:

some of my other things are better.

BlaZter - Acid BlaZter - Acid

Damn dude, this is just amazing. The wubs could maybe a little heavier, but other than that this is perfect.

BlaZterOfficial responds:

Thanks!

Xentillium - The Broken Hero Xentillium - The Broken Hero

The drum pattern is actually thrown together really nice, but this feels like just a bass drop. The thing lacks any intro or melody, and as cool as those bass sounds were that's all you used (and that high-pitched pluck). It didn't seem to mix very well either, almost as if 4 different drops were thrown into one. If you were to structure this a little bit better, there could be intro, build-up, then 1:04 - 1:24 as the first half of the drop and then 0:27 - 0:50 as the second half of the drop and this would've been perfect. Even if this wouldn't fit with a melody very well, you could always try Neurofunk, which isn't very melody heavy.

Keep working at it, you're mixing and sounds are great, but composition is key.

Xentillum responds:

Thank you for your very detailed review! I'll try to make remake of this mix in the future! :)

DCGD - Signs Of Madness DCGD - Signs Of Madness

It wasn't bad as far as production or the sounds themselves. Really this is quite better than a lot of songs here. However, I feel like it's missing that "bang" dubstep has. It's a little soft core with the mixing. The wubs on the drop should definitely be slightly louder, and maybe you could add a slight bit of distortion. Other than that, this wasn't bad.

DragonclawGD responds:

Thanks, I will keep that in mind for my next songs :)

PINGAS Dubstep (WIP) PINGAS Dubstep (WIP)

Holy crap dude you've improved like crazy on dubstep. Like, dang. I don't really have much feedback, because it sounds awesome. I will say the wub (or stab or whatever it's called) should be slightly louder, and the drum-build up was maybe a bit too soft and short, but other than that it's great. I especially like the sound at 0:28.

JK-FlipFlop responds:

Thank you! I've been dicking around with random 8 bar drops in Mixcraft.
As for that wub... Yeah, maybe I should use a triangle or sine LFO instead of square, as well as increasing the volume.